Thursday, May 25, 2017

2017 Anthology Recap

Several new horror anthologies featuring my short fiction have been published so far in 2017.


D.O.A. III is the newest anthology from Blood Bound Books. This is my sixth appearance in a BBB anthology.

Theme: EXTREME Horror (adults only)

My story: Proud Papa, in which a man obsessed with witnessing his offspring's entire life cycle gets more than he expected. I did a reading of this story at a convention last year and am glad I found a publisher brave enough to print it.

There are many other incredible, talented, and even legendary authors included in DOA III, including John Skipp, Bentley Little, Richard Christian Matheson, and Jeff Strand.

Order DOA III here.

The Book of Blasphemous Words is the newest anthology from the fine folks at A Murder of Storytellers. This is my fourth appearance in an AMOS anthology.

Theme: horror based on religious zealotry and beliefs taken to extremes.

My story included: Hero Worship, explores the relationship between an unhinged Christian metal singer and an impressionable young fan, as revealed through a series of emails. (This is a reprint.)

I also recommend the stories by Joseph Shelton, John Biggs, and James Dorr.

Order The Book of Blasphemous Words





Memento Mori is a new anthology from Digital Fiction Publishing. This is my second appearance in a DFP publication.

Theme: horror stories about, or relating to, death.

My story included: Cold Feet, in which a mortician explains to his psychiatrist what happened to make him suddenly afraid to marry his lovely assistant. (This is a reprint.)

I also recommend the stories by Gregory Norris, Jay Wilburn, and Kenneth Cain.

Order Memento Mori here.







Grave Markers: Volume 3 features three novelettes previously published by Grinning Skull Press as standalone Kindle editions. All three are collected for the first time in a paperback book version.

Theme: Historical horror (and two of the three are weird westerns)

My story included: Bottled Spirits, a novelette chronicling the adventures of Truman Bonner and his son, Isaac in an Old West fraught with supernatural dangers.

Also included are Full Moon in the West by Dominic Stabile, and The Dance by S.L. Williams.

Order Grave Markers: Volume 3 here.



"Bottle Spirits" (Kindle Single is available HERE. This is my second appearance in a Grinning Skull Press anthology.


















Depraved Desires is a new anthology from HellBound Books. This is my first published story with HellBound Book.

Theme: dark erotica, erotic horror (adults only)

My story included: 26 Photographs, which is a non-supernatural, non-horror erotic story about the lengths one wife will go to, to satisfy her husband's dangerous fetish.

Most of the authors included are new to me, but start with Ken Goldman and David Owain Hughes.

Order Depraved Desires here.






Don't forget: the end of June sees the release of ANT FARM NECROPOLIS, my third collection (19 stories, 2 poems). Cover art by M. Wayne Miller. Published by A Murder of Storytellers, LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers