Monday, December 22, 2014

Year in Writing: 2014 (with links) PART 2

I look back upon 2014 pleased to note that it was a vast improvement over the previous year, writing-wise. I will soon share Tables of Contents with three of my favorite authors! More on that later...

My newest available published story is "Suicide by Cop," a dark crime story that deals with a tough subject. It is available to read for FREE right here. Over My Dead Body also includes several of my solve-it-yourself mini-mysteries. This link will take you to the two most recent entries, and on the page you'll find another link for four others. Many thanks to editor Cheri Jung at Over My Dead Body for being great to work with and for providing an outlet for most of my mystery writing.

Stories sold in 2014 (but not yet published) include:

 "Estranged" will appear in Shadows Over Main Street, a themed anthology in which Lovecraftian horror comes to Small Town, USA. Hazardous Press will release this in early 2015. Other contributors include Gary A. Braunbeck, Lucy Snyder, Lisa Morton, Brian Hodge, and many more. I've read a proof copy for contributors cover to cover and I loved it. For more information, you can look here. Thank you to editors Doug Murano and D. Alexander Ward for purchasing my story.


(Not pictured:) "Another Mouth to Feed" will appear in Cranial Leakage II: Tales from the Grinning Skull. A horror anthology tentatively set for second (maybe third) quarter 2015 from Grinning Skull Press. More information coming as we get closer.

"Slay it Forward"will appear in Insidious Assassins, an assassin-themed anthology (crime, horror, humor, and more). Smart Rhino Publications will release this in the first or second quarter of 2015. Other authors include Joe R. Lansdale, Jack Ketchum, and many more. For more information, there's a Facebook page well worth a look. Thank you to editor Weldon Burge for purchasing my story. (Cover not final.)

(Not pictured:) "Atop the Ferris Wheel" will appear in Forgotten Places, a horror anthology featuring authors who are members of The Horror Society. The table of contents is still a secret at this point and the cover has not yet been revealed. However the anthology should be available as early as January 2015. Thank you to editor Henry Snider for accepting my story for inclusion.




"I Can Do What I Need to in the Dark" will appear in Surreal Worlds, a bizarro-horror anthology slated for first or second quarter of 2015 by Bizarro Pulp Press. Other contributors include Steve Rasnic Tem, Bruce Boston, Max Booth III and many more. A complete list of the authors can be found  here. Thank you to Vincenzo Bilof for purchasing my story. (Cover not final.)



I currently have about ten other stories out and under consideration, with a trio of others in various stages of completion.


One final note:
I have a mental "Mt. Rushmore of My Favorite Authors." These are the four writers who I hold most dear. I own a great deal of their work and always enjoy what I read. They inspire me to hone my craft and to try new things. I heartily recommend anything they've written. These four authors are: Joe R. Lansdale, Mort Castle, Steve Rasnic Tem, and Gary A. Braunbeck. A glance back at some of the authors with whom I (will) share Tables of Contents in 2015 should clearly show why I consider 2014 to be a huge Writing success.

I enter 2015 fully energized. I'm sure it will be a year filled with challenges, surprises, and new stories!

Thank you for reading,
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers