Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bedtime Stories for Carrion Beetles

About seven years ago, I started writing short fiction. Since then, I've written approximately 90 short stories, along with 46 flash fiction works, and seven poems. I'll be the first to admit that a lot of what is available online is NOT my best work. I took a "learn as you go" and "try to get better with each story" approach. I am very glad to be part of a critique group that takes their writing very seriously. About a year ago, I selected 24 stories that I considered among my best and asked a few members of the Horror Writers Association and a few members of Black Hills Writers Group to critique them.

After far more revisions than I expected (!) I am pleased to announce that 18 of my best stories have been polished up and will soon be available in a collection. All of these stories have been previously published. Twelve appeared in print anthologies, five in magazines and one in an online e-zine.

All of these stories have been edited, revised, corrected, and improved. Several of the stories vary drastically from the original versions. I am proud of every story included. At no point do I reread a story and think "well this one is just barely good enough".

I am in the process of proofing the PDF and am still making minor revisions. The title of the collection (if you haven't guessed already) will be BEDTIME STORIES FOR CARRION BEETLES. It will be over 200 pages, and over 50.000 words.

The target release date is September 1st of this year. Cover art is complete. It will be released using Create Space as the publisher.

I will release the Table of Contents some time in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers